Life’s journey is never without its share of hard times, and sometimes, the weight of pain and adversity can make us question our very existence. But what if, in those moments of struggle, we viewed our challenges not as predictions of destruction but as indications of our preparation for something brighter?
For me, in moments of overwhelming distress, I’ve found refuge in the soothing embrace of music. Instead of grumbling, worrying endlessly, or dwelling on unnecessary thoughts, I turn to the therapeutic power of melodies and lyrics that resonate with the soul.
One verse from the book of Psalms that encapsulates this sentiment beautifully is Psalms 34:1: “I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth.” I’ve curated a selection of songs from my personal playlist. These songs have helped me through the most challenging of times, serving as a constant reminder of God’s unwavering love.
15 Christian songs for tough times
1. YOU ARE GOOD by David Nkennor feat. Emeka Madubata
2. The Story I’ll Tell (feat. Naomi Raine) | Maverick City Music
3. Open Door (feat. Nate Moore & Maryanne J. George) | Maverick City Music
4. MOSES BLISS – TOO FAITHFUL
5. Man of Your Word (feat. Chandler Moore & KJ Scriven) | Maverick City Music.
6. Be Alright – Dante Bowe (Feat. Amanda Lindsey Cook)
7. Do It Again | Live | Elevation Worship
8. Casting Crowns – God of All My Days
9. Seasons – Hillsong Worship
I can see the promise. I can see the future. You’re the God of seasons. I’m just in the winter. If all I know of harvest Is that it’s worth my patience. Then if You’re not done working God I’m not done waiting.
10. It Is Well – Kristene DiMarco & Bethel Music
11. Tauren Wells – Hills and Valleys
12. God Will Work It Out (feat. Naomi Raine & Israel Houghton) | Maverick City Music
13. My Worship- Phil Thompson
14. Travis Greene – Made A Way
15. SINACH | WAY MAKER
What songs keep you going during tough times?
Share other songs in the comments below.
I also curated a playlist on identity here